Chiesa di Santa Lucia ex San Pietro in Forcore - Sant'Andrea di Compito
Data della prima documentazione della chiesa: 840
History and architecture
The original structure of the little church of Saint Peter in Forcore (or Forcone) has been lost and at the present time it looks like a private chapel. It has a nave without apse and the parament is very shabby. The church was entirely restored between 1792 and 1794 and preserves that aspect.
Near the church rises an important watchtower that maintains its original features and attractiveness for its position. This tower was one of the many watchtowers of the Republic of Lucca, as witnessed by the metallic punnet placed on its summit, in which some materials (probably hay) were burned so to signal a possible danger (like the approaching of enemies) to the Palace of Lucca through smoke signals. Made entirely of Guamo stone, the church has a rectangular layout.